Grove Fields Residents Association

Committee Meeting

Date                       08/06/17

Version                  0.1

Attendees             Keiron Wybrow, Tony Johnson, Belinda Goss-Lambourne, Dimitri Patrikios, Bob Winter and Graham Bright

Apologies              None

Purpose:               To discuss and agree changes to committee roles.


  • Approve minutes from previous meeting
  • Update progress made against the actions
  • Discuss and agree any changes to role of chair, secretary and treasurer


  1. Minutes and actions from previous meeting were agreed.
  2. Belinda Goss-Lambourne was nominated and approved to replace Dimitri Patrikios as Secretary.
  3. It was agreed unanimously that Dimitri Patrikios should continue as a committee member.





Action                                                                                                                                                                         Actioned by         Due date

1  Review & approval of minutes from the Grove Fields Residents Association meeting (initial AGM)

    on 11th May, 2017

    Approved without any further amendments. Minutes can be posted to the wider membership via

    the Facebook and Website page once these sites have been established.           

    ACTION: Load approved minutes on to FB page and Website.                                                                     Bea                     COMPLETE

2  Committee Roles

  • The roles of Chair, Treasurer and Secretary need to be assigned in order to sign and approve the constitution for the Grove Fields Residents Association
  • Graham Bright put himself forward as Chair, Keiron Wybrow put himself forward as Treasurer and Dimitri Patrikios put himself forward as Secretary. All roles were approved by the Committee.
  • Other roles for the committee members will be identified as the work required of the committee is defined over the coming 1 to 2 months

 ACTION: Chair, Treasurer and Secretary to sign the constitution.                                                                  Graham                COMPLETE



 ACTION: Investigate how to set up a bank account for the residents association.                                       Keiron                   11th June

3  Final amendments to the draft constitution

  • Name: Grove Fields Residents Association was approved
  • The additional objective “To maintain the area known as Grove Field as green belt land” was approved
  • An additional clause in the Membership Section was added: 3 e) Membership shall not be open to any resident who is employed by RELX or supports their proposed development of the Grove Field
  • The Geographical area for the membership, basis for financially contributing to the residents association, minimum age to become a member and the number of members allowed per household is defined within the ‘Membership Process’ agenda item below

ACTION: Make the final changes to the constitution in preparation for signing.                                         Graham                 COMPLETE

4  Membership scope and process

  • The minimum age of a member is 18, this was approved
  • It was agreed that a single residence could have multiple members as long as they are over the age of 18
  • The geographical area for the residents association will be based upon the list of roads agreed by the committee to be included as an Annex to the constitution. Prospective Members who wish to join, who do not live on one of the roads within the geographical area may still be able to join if the Committee approve it.
  • It will be free to become a member, however, a voluntary financial contribution will be encouraged to help pay for the payment of professional planning advice should it be required
  • It was agreed that the current residents list of 93 individuals would be emailed requesting that they confirm that they would like to become a member of the Grove Fields Residents Association
  • Once a prospective member emails Graham (Chair) or Dimitri (Secretary) to confirm they would like to become a member they will be sent an email confirming they are now a member and asking them to click on two links:
    • The first link will be to our crowd funding page requesting a voluntary contribution
    • The second link will be to our private Facebook page which they can now join                                 Graham             COMPLETE

 ACTION: List the roads identified in the meeting for inclusion in the annex of the constitution                    Graham             COMPLETE

 ACTION: Develop the email to be sent to the current list of residents                                                                Graham              4th June

 ACTION: Develop the response email to be sent to people confirming they are now a member                  Bob                     COMPLETE

 ACTION: Investigate and set up a crowd funding page for the residents association                                       Bea                     COMPLETE

 ACTION: Investigate and set up a Facebook page for the residents association                                                Bea                    COMPLETE

 ACTION: Identify the best way for keeping a register of members                                                                       Graham            COMPLETE

 ACTION: Develop a leaflet to be dropped to all residents within scope of the association                               Tony                  4th June

 ACTION: Deliver leaflets to all residents within scope of the association and follow up with a ‘door knock’  All                      11th June

5  Other key activities that need to be planned

  • Strategy for engaging with politicians
    • We need a list of all the politicians (Town Councillors, Dacorum Councillors, County Councillors and MP) that as residents of Tring we vote for
    • We need a ‘statement’ to send outlining why the Grove Field should not be developed
  • Growing Membership - This will be through emailing the residents who have already shown an interest PLUS a leaflet drop and door knock of all houses identified as within the appropriate geographical area
  • Social Media – We will have a Facebook Group, Website and crowd funding page
  • Storing and sharing files – We will use Drop Box for storing key files initially just for the committee to access but in time this could be expanded
  • Fundraising
    • We will actively encourage all members to support fundraising activities for the residents association
    • Members have asked if they could have a stall at the Grove Road Fete and what should they say
      • Committee agreed a stall at the Grove Road fete would be an excellent idea
      • Committee agreed that the following simple messages could be shared:
        1. The residents association’s priority is to ensure the Grove Field remains to be Green Belt land
        2. If anyone would like to enquire about becoming a member of the residents association they should contact either Dimitri or myself
    • Funds are available to help run residents associations
  • Freedom of Information Request – The initial response to the FoI from Dacorum was discussed and it was agreed that we should appeal their decision to withhold the minutes from the meeting that RELX had with Dacorum

 ACTION: Identify the Dacorum Councillors                                                                                                                 Bea                   18th June                                                              

ACTION: Identify a full list of all politicians                                                                                                                   Graham           18th June

 ACTION: Draft out a list of bullets as to why the Grove Field is not the best option for development

and then share this with the committee to be further developed                                                                           Graham            COMPLETE

 ACTION: Set up a website for the residents association                                                                                            Bea                   COMPLETE

 ACTION: Set up a drop box facility for the residents association                                                                             Bob                   11th June

 ACTION: Liaise with the members regarding the messages to be shared at the Grove Road School fete       Graham            COMPLETE

 ACTION: Understand the process for raising and securing funds from the Town Council                                 Keiron and

                                                                                                                                                                                              Tony                  11th June

 ACTION: Appeal the decision by Dacorum to withhold some information requested through the FoI            Graham             COMPLETE

 6  New actions from this committee meeting:

  • Actions and minutes from 24th May, 2017 meeting approved and progress against actions captured above
  • Dimitri shared with the committee that due to an escalation in work commitments that he felt he could no longer fulfil the role of Secretary. All Committee members fully appreciated and accepted Dimitri’s position and unanimously agreed he should remain as a Committee member after resigning from the role as Secretary.
  • Discussed and agreed Belinda to replace Dimitri as Secretary for the Committee

 ACTION: Revise the constitution to reflect that Belinda is the new Secretary and arrange for Keiron,

Belinda and Graham to sign the new constitution                                                                                                             Graham         13th June

 ACTION: Update the website to reflect the change in Secretary                                                                                     Bea                 14th June


Next Meeting: 7pm on Tuesday 13th June, 2017





Copyright grovefieldsresidents